in the key of cp...
If indeed you must be candid, be candid beautifully ~ Kahlil Gibran
Dec 1, 2008
Interior Designer I Am Not.
Is it really December?

It's not that I'm not in the holiday spirit (ok, I'm still not really just yet), but things have just been so busy I haven't even had time to think that Christmas is coming. I haven't put up a 'real' tree in a few years - honestly, for the same reason: NO TIME! Plus, we never have holiday parties at my place (I think the last was in 2005 and that's when I last put up a tree! lol). It's just me. I guess it's also because I never really felt the need to decorate and get my place all festive for - again - just me. But today, I don't know what came over me, maybe it was the constant coaxing to 'JUST PUT UP YOUR TREE ALREADY, GEEZ', that I chose to make the time to decorate. Besides, this place deserves a little something special to end the year off!


Ok so my 4' tree, short and stout, looks a bit accessory ornament deficient, I know - but the LED lights aren't turned on. And the ornaments are Cristina blue! There are only a few red ones for now because I didn't have time to put clips on the rest yet. (yes, I know M & J are going to come over and fix this business). I also created a holiday floral arrangement. And I even put some pinecone/holly ekk ekk on my fireplace mantle.

See? I'm feeling a little more festive already. Having some coworkers over on Friday, Kilig next week - holiday visitors after all! And as the spirit slowly creeps in, I sit here in the dark (I love these LED lights!), with a glass of Dr. Loosen, thinking that I'm not just decorating for 'just me' anymore, or even for those who will be visiting, but for those who have helped make this house feel a little more like a home over the past year.
posted by cristina @ 10:03 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 10:38 PM, Blogger Mel said…

    great job, mare!! I love your floral arrangement! It all works, diba?!?!

     
  • At 10:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I LOVE what you did with OUR place! Just wish I was there to place the star on the tree :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Worth Reminiscing
Royalties

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER