| Dec 26, 2008 |
| (un)conditionally. |
They say that love is supposed to be unconditional. You accept others for who they are, and not who you want them to be.
I've spent too long hoping and waiting for your unconditional love, for you to treat me with the love, respect, and kindness that I see others have with theirs. I've wasted too much emotion. She says I just need to accept it, accept you, as she has, and to that point - ignore you. But I can't ignore your actions and your spiteful words. Not this time, and not ever anymore. I'm done. I give up. And with this comes, a little bit of release...acceptance. Acceptance that your love is conditional. Turns out so is mine -- Forgiving is easy, it's forgetting that takes a bigger person, and I guess, much bigger than I am.
Christmas is a time to be thankful, and to count your blessings. I am so thankful for the countless blessings I have. And for those who do love me, unconditionally. |
| posted by cristina @ 11:10 PM |
|
|
|
|
|
|
| Worth Reminiscing |
| Royalties |
 |
| |