in the key of cp...
If indeed you must be candid, be candid beautifully ~ Kahlil Gibran
Jan 18, 2010
down under
T minus 24 hours and I will be on a plane from SFO to Australia!!! This has been one of those trips I’ve dreamt of for a long time…and I’m so excited it’s finally becoming a reality! When I went to Europe in the summer I planned EVERYTHING…that’s me. A planner. It was an adventurous trip, lots to see and do. Almost too much. Tiring at times, both mentally and physically. But this time’s been different. I didn’t plan much. I know where we’re flying to and when, and where we’re going to sleep at night. I know when we’re going to the Australian Open. But other than that, my attitude towards this trip has been ‘whatever’ – take things as they come. Very unlike me, but there is an excitement (or is that anxiety?) that is in the air and I can’t wait! RELAXATION. That will be my theme.

Of course, despite not 'planning', there are a few things on my list of things I would love to do:
- Snorkel with a sea turtle
- Surf (or attempt to surf) for the first time and hopefully not get my ass kicked TOO badly
- Kiss an Australian boy (or two...lol!)
- See a kangaroo. Hug a koala.
- Watch an Australian sunrise (after all…it’s the first place in the world the day begins)

Five things. That’s doable, right? The rest...we will take as they come. Most of all, I’m just looking forward to experience this all with my NSG. It’s gonna be a topsy turvy time down under, and I can’t wait to soak it all in (and out).

Labels:

posted by cristina @ 9:44 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Worth Reminiscing
Royalties

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER